Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

What is special about where I live

I live in Papakura. My town is special because it has an Army Camp which use to train soldiers for the war like my Grandad. Now the the camp is home to the SAS. Our local running track is home to the old Eden Park grandstand.

Here are some of my favourite things to do. I like  to ride my bike on my street. I like to go to Pac and Save and to get yummy cookies. I go to the busy train station and to go to Britomart. I like to get cold slushies from McDonalds. I want to go to the fish and chip shop and get delicious, hot chips.I like going to my Nana’s house because I like to get treats.


1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Alex,

    I hope you had a very merry Christmas and that Santa gave you some incredible gifts.

    Well done for completing another Summer Learning Journey activity and for telling us what is so special about your hometown, Papakura. I had no idea that Papakura was home to the New Zealand Special Air Service— wow. And how lovely that your Grandad is a trained soldier, does he have some interesting stories to tell?

    I too like to ride my bike, what kind of bike do you have? Do you grab your cookies from the bakery section, or do you prefer pre-packaged cookies from the isle?

    I look forward to reading your next blog post!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about